Medicine in the Wilderness Program

Students may earn the Medicine in the Wilderness diploma. To earn the diploma you must first earn the Advanced Wilderness Life Support certificate. Then you will need to certify in one or more of the following programs: Backpacking medicine, Search and Rescue medicine, or Travel and Tropical Disease medicine. You will then be awarded the diploma Medicine in the Wilderness, given by the University of Utah School of Medicine. The diploma will reflect which subjects in which you certified.